This is our first Post-Graduate Zen Ki Yoga® Teacher Training Module to qualify yoga teachers of any style of yoga to teach Zen Ki Yoga® safely and effectively. You will learn two complete Zen Ki Yoga® classes and two shorter sequences that you may chose to do at the beginning, during or after your current yoga classes. This course is also for personal trainers, pilates teachers, shiatsu practitioners and other body workers.
The psoas muscle is easily released with Zen Ki Yoga® using the principles of yin and yang, the meridians that relate to this muscle group and modern muscle release techniques.
Once you learn this work and use it on yourself and your clients, you will be amazed at the changes to your body and the health of your spine and your MIND xx
The course consists of:
- detailed video for you to study of the three Zen Ki Yoga® Psoas Release classes with comprehensive instruction for every pose
- tutorials for each individual pose
- Zen Ki Yoga® Psoas Release training manual
- two shorter sequences to use during your current classes
- class templates so you can have the class in front of you while teaching
- detailed Anatomy study of the psoas, the lower back, the related meridians and more...
- detailed Anatomy & Physiology of the body in relation to how the psoas relates to hormones, blood flow, emotions, posture and more...
- access to our online yoga classes site www.zenkiyoga.com for 2 months while you complete this course. (Please note: you have access to this course for as long as you like and will be able to download the content after you have completed it. Your online access to the classes website will be for 2 months from whenever you email us to tell us you are starting the course seriously, not from when you purchase as you may purchase and do the course at a later time). You may also complete this course in as little as 4-5 weeks - it depends on the amount of time you have available.
- hand in necessary assignments
- practice of Zen Ki Yoga® - 3 hours/week while you are studying the course content. We will add the classes to your log in for 2 months when you tell us you are ready for them. If you wish to continue with the classes (advisable), you can easily subscribe to them.
- 5 hours/week over two months of study of this course = 40 hours of study + 24 hours of Zen Ki Yoga classes = 64 hours
- you are required to send us a 20-30 minute video of your class while you are teaching (so we can see your students and hear your instruction). We need to see that you have grasped the information and can safely and successfully deliver this in a teaching environment. There will be feedback and you may need to repeat this process so that you get it right.
Face-to-Face workshops will be held in Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Los Angeles throughout the year. While it's ideal to attend one of these, we understand that not everyone can get to them due to distance etc. We will give plenty of notice for each. If we get enough people from other areas - Denver, Houston, DC, Fort Lauderdale, other areas of California or even other areas of the US, New Zealand and of course Australia, we will hold these workshops also. We will be in Los Angeles in Santa Monica on 15 April for a workshop on the 5 seasons. We have a back pain therapy workshop on 8 April in Canberra and a Psoas & Back Pain (2-day workshop) on 5 & 6 May in our Darlinghurst studio. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details are look online under 'training/study' on our studio website www.thecentreofyoga.com
Janie Larmour has been looking after people’s health for 23 years and is renowned for her impassioned yoga instruction, extensive knowledge and unique teaching style, which incorporates impeccable alignment with a true appreciation of human anatomy.
She has been teaching yoga for 18 years, specialising in Zen Ki Yoga® and is the director and principal teacher at The Centre of Yoga www.thecentreofyoga.com with two studios in Sydney, Australia an online yoga website www.zenkiyoga.com featuring over 50 specific healing and general wellbeing classes and has over 20 yoga DVDs which she sells internationally.
Since 2008, Janie has been a regular speaker at yoga conferences and festivals in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra (Australia) and the International Yoga Festival in New Zealand, the Om Yoga Show in London and the USA in cities including Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Denver, Houston, Washington DC, Silicon Valley, San Diego and Downtown LA.
Janie also leads comprehensive teacher training courses in her Sydney studios and by distant education worldwide, training workshops, yoga retreats and regular classes.
Apart from the Teacher Training Diploma courses, Janie teaches workshops for teachers and the general public such as bladder strengthening, anxiety, women’s health (including healing period pain & endometriosis, ‘The Truth About Food’, breathing workshops, ‘Anatomy and Movement for Yoga Teachers’ and ‘Back Pain Therapy Teacher Training’ (Australia wide/International).
Start1st full class - Psoas Release class - 62.25 mins (62:25)
StartTutorials on each pose - liver & gall bladder poses 21 mins (21:04)
StartTutorials on each pose - Earth Element - 22.48 mins (22:48)
StartThe Kidney stretch - winter pose - 6.31 mins (6:31)
StartTutorials on each pose - The other poses... 27.13 mins (27:13)
StartPsoas class - the same class with Janie - 45.47 mins (45:47)
StartTemplate for writing up the class
StartQuick View of the first class